Disclaimer

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog are not the views of Samaritan’s Purse, World Medical Mission, or Serge.

Sunday, June 18, 2023

An excuse, by way of an anecdote

The past week has been a lot. A lot of joys, a lot more sorrows. Feeling like life is a tight-rope act, and some days we're just not up to the challenge.

So yesterday, as I was running around the house trying to get baking and meal prep done, clean the house, and clean myself before an afternoon party (a baby shower for our neighbor), I realized I had only 5 minutes to spare, and I still wanted to shower and needed to pee. "Well, I guess I'll just have to pee in the shower," I thought. And then I stopped and thought about that thought. I realized that wasn't a choice I had to make. I didn't move to rural Kenya, away from the craziness of life in North America (sorry, everyone) just to reestablish myself in a self-inflicted rat race over here. So I showered. Later, I peed. I was a few minutes late for the baby shower (venue: my house) which was fine, because everyone else was late, too. 

Today, "Write Blog Post" is on my to-do list. I have some pictures I want to share on my phone. Others are on my computer. The cable that connects the two is at my office, and I'm at home. So today, I'm going to do the best with what I have, upload a few pictures, and call it good. It's today's version of not peeing in the shower. I hope you find a way to not pee in your proverbial shower today, too. Happy Father's Day, Dad, and Happy Birthday, Mom! Sorry for using the word "pee" on the internet - you definitely raised me better than that. 💖

Dominic, the reader
Long weekend at Naivasha
Horse riding at Naivasha
These giraffes came to say hello every evening while we were eating dinner at our cabin


Kris and Dominic ran a 2K together!

Waking up in the night to watch our new cousin's baptism!

Visiting friends at Kijabe

I ordered a mint limeade - I wasn't expecting it to be phosphorescing!

Father's Day breakfast on our new picnic table

Gathering to celebrate a new baby


No comments:

Post a Comment